The magnificent club and community of Admirals Cove was developed from the brilliant mind of developer Ben Frankel of Frankel Enterprises. In 1986, Frankel Enterprises purchased a vacant and undeveloped property from the John D and Catherine McArthur Foundation. This land had a one of a kind canal system built on it by John D. McArthur during the 1960’s that the Admirals Cove community was designed around. Even though most of the canals today were dug back in the 60’s a great deal of bulk heading, dredging and extensive maintenance was needed before construction could start. During the spring of 1986 development broke on the property with several model homes being completed by the years end. Then in 1987 the fabulous clubhouse, marina, and championship 18 hole East Golf Course opened to the public with residents moving in that winter. Until the Main Clubhouse was finished in 1989 the Harbor Master building was used as the community clubhouse. The fantastic Golf Village course was finished in 1991 with the Golf Village clubhouse fallowing in 1993. With what’s considered to be one of the easiest and smoothest club transfers in club community history, the management and control of The Admirals Cove Club was transferred from the developer to the members in 1999. Today Admirals Cove consists of around 900 residents. Admiral’s Cove consistently gets named as a Platinum Club member, which is considered to be the top 10 private club communities of the United States.
The Admirals Cove Club and Community Today:
- Around 900 residences that range from highly desirable Club Cottages to extremely luxuries Custom Estate Homes.
- An Inn for members and guests with 32 rooms.
- Gated security 24 hours a day.
- 12 Har Tru clay tennis courts.
- 45 holes of championship golf.
- State of the art marina and yacht club with over 50 deep water ocean access slips.
- Seven gourmet dining and catering venues situated on the premises.
- A wellness program that includes spa, salon, and fitness center.
- The Fabulous East Clubhouse!
- The Fabulous Golf Village Clubhouse!